5 kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher
Not only do CO2 extinguishers displace the oxygen from the fire, but it also decreases the heat of the flame, by emanating a very cold discharge. This helps keep your machinery or electrical appliances protected, lessening any harm to your equipment.
All CO2 Extinguishers can be identified by a black band around the top of the cylinder.
When can I use this fire extinguisher?
- Electrical Switchrooms
- Computer server rooms
- Any areas with electrical equipment installed
The 5 kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher can be used against the following fires:
- Class B – Fires involving combustible liquids such as petrol, oil paint and solvents
- Class E – Fires where the ignition source contains electrical equipment such as switchboards, motors and other electrical devices
When should I avoid using this fire extinguisher?
The 5kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher should not be used against the following fires:
- Class C – Fires involving combustible gases such as LPG, Natural gas and acetylene
- Class D – Fires involving combustible metals such as aluminium shaving or magnesium
- Class F – Caused by cooking oils and fats
What does it come with?
The 5kg Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguisher comes with:
- Wall bracket
What else do I need?
For Commercial use, this extinguisher requires identification signage and PVC maintenance tag. New Zealand standards (NZS4503) for 5 kg CO2 Fire Extinguisher requires that signage is installed above the extinguisher. The sign provides information on what kinds of fire it can be used on and assist finding the fire extinguisher from a distance.
Invest in fire safety today
We offer the best prices in New Zealand, so what are you waiting for? Fire safety is just a click away.
Buy this fire extinguisher
Want the highest quality, lowest price 5 kg Carbon Dioxide CO2 Fire Extinguishers? Look no further than Fire Extinguishers NZ!